Yes, it’s really yoga, so please don’t sit this one out.
Yoga Local has teamed up with PhysioPlus in Northampton to launch a five-week adaptive Chair Yoga programme.
This seated practice begins in the New Year and is focused on helping anyone who may be limited in movement or recovering from an injury to discover the benefits of yoga.
Why Chair Yoga?
Here’s what happens when you find yoga from the comfort of your chair. You will…
- Maximise your wellness and quality of life
- Find more acceptance, of yourself and others
- Relax your mind
- Deal better with physical limitations
- Take back control of your health and fitness
- Cope better with the effects of injury, aging and stress.
So, what does a chair yoga practice include?
- Slow moving, adaptive yoga poses
- Deep inner exploration of yoga movements
- Breathing exercises
- Basics of a meditation practice
- Body alignment awareness
- Release of tension.
Physiotherapist, Sara Southam, who established PhysioPlus in 1997 said:
“I would recommend this programme for anyone who has impaired mobility, musculoskeletal weakness, poor balance or difficulty getting up and down from the floor.”
If you are interested in taking part in this five-week Chair Yoga programme starting in January 2017, register your interest by dropping an email to me at email@example.com. Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis.