Yoga Local the studio is about to be birthed!
I’m going for a natural delivery (no forceps, drug intervention) but I guess much like childbirth, I’ll have little say and at the very least it’ll be painful and require a lot of deep breathing. (Pranayama is my friend). 😉
And when am I expecting? Err around June time. But again the Law of Detachment (letting go) says hold on to the vision, but don’t be fixed on the outcome. I won’t if you won’t.
So, do you want to know more?
Ok, so Unit 5 is an amazing brick-built space, (take a look at the pics) located at Nene Court – an independent, retail and industry park situated on The Embankment just off the A45 in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
The Wellingborough Gas Light Co. built this incredible gem of a site towards the end of the Victorian era as a gas works and in the 1990’s some of the early Victorian buildings were converted for retail shops, boutiques and bistros. It’s still being lovingly restored to house independent bespoke businesses like Yoga Local and it has oodles of parking.
Why a yoga studio?
Let me break this down into my big 5 why’s so I can keep this tight for ya.
- My yoga business needs a home – some deep roots and a solid foundation. (I teach right environment equals right growth and that applies to business as much as it does people). I thank you village halls, but it’s time to move on. 👋 🙏
- We all need a place to help slow us down to the natural rhythms of life. Home and work boundaries have get messed up and blurred, so it’s often not happening. At Yoga Local studio, you’ll always find the right environment and time for your Self.🧘🏼♂️
- A yoga studio holds space for real connections and community – not the virtual digital kind, but actual face-to-face kind 💚. (Since I last checked I’m human and the need to be around other humans who get me is possibly not just a me thing?).
- I massively encourage independent practice but hands up if you always follow through on what you already know you should be doing, particularly when left on your tod? A yoga studio provides a consistent place to practice, with a level of accountability (stretching you to achieve what’s possible for you). It’s can be the difference between feeling alone and feeling supported. And it can be the difference between falling off the wellbeing or training wagon 🏃♂️and getting the results you want.🙌
- There is power and energy in community. Yoga is a practice of union (oneness, wholeness and taking responsibility for your actions, thoughts and choices). When we own the energy we’re putting out there, we can create positive change for ourselves, each other as well as outside our yoga world. Now that’s seriously worthy of pursuing right now and who wouldn’t want to create a space for that?
I passionately believe that our 24/7, jacked up lifestyles are unsustainable. Stress is now said to be the major contributing factor to most chronic illness and the unbalance we’re all experiencing is seeping into our performance in everything – our lives at home, at work and at play.
Meeting our individual health needs, achieving wellness and finding true happiness and success, within the limits of modern-day living has got to be our collective challenge. It’s time to bring balance back and for me yoga is the go to tool. It’s where it’s happening.
Please come and support your Yoga Local studio and you’ll be supporting your Self, you’re community and your world. We’re really in all this together you know..😍👍🤸♂️
To be continued….
PS. Want to be at the birth of Yoga Local?
Hit reply and tell me why you’re excited for this arrival…
PPS. If you’e not already subscribed to my newsletter, now’s the time…it comes with a great freebie! Here’s the link.
PPPS. Please share this news out far and wide… I can’t do this without you guys…
Thanks so much for being here…
Find space to stop to become unstoppable – get your copy of the downloadable pdf guide right here.